Saturday, January 17, 2009

profile pic!

Hey all, This is Jessalyn. I was going through some pictures on my computer and I came across a picture of a large number of us from grandma's funeral in May (I think it may have come from Cherie's camera), anyway I thought it would be a great picture to set as our profile pic. Feel free to post a different one if you have one that you think is better!! Sorry to the people that are not in the picture. Me, mom and Dad had quite the interesting drive to Toronto on Weds. It took us 2 and a half hours to get to the airport. We were stuck in a snowstorm on the highway and only going about 30km/hr. Because we were running so late my dad took an exit onto the 407 (I think) and then we became lost and had no idea if we were going the right way. There were no signs pointing to the airport. At this point our flight was leaving in just over an hour. Mom was frantically calling Uncle James and even tried called Brian to get directions. We ended up stopping at a gas station to get directions. When we finally made it to the airport out flight was leaving in about 35 mins (I think). My dad dropped me and my mom off at departures, we got our boarding passes and checked the bags while my dad dropped the rental car off. Luckily, there were no lines and we made it through security, while the plane was boarding. When we got to the gate, we walked straight onto the plane. We were all panicking. We thought for sure we were going to miss our flight! But we didn't, we made it home safe and sound! Anyway, I had such a wonderful time with ALL of you last week. I struggled a lot with the decision to come to grandpa's funeral, whether I should take the time off work and spend the money to go but as soon as I arrived I realized I had made the right decision to come. I feel so blessed to be a part of this family and I am really looking forward to the reunion in California 2010. Love to you all!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, this is em.

    I think the profile picture is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur Em!! That was a fun night at Brian and Trish's. Ah, I just love all of you guys!
    Love,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I love that picture .. as well as the one with Oma and Opa holding hands! Thats enought to warm you heart!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete