Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Zealand

Hey you all wonderful people, I want to keep this short but sweet (very hard for me sometimes as you already know!). But I really want to let my dear family know some of my struggle but yet at the same time, very exciting moments in my life: Yesterday I said goodbye or I rather a "see you later" to my boyfriend of 5 months, well more like 6 months when it was getting pretty serious. For those who don't know his name is Mike (Wilson if you want to make sure he's not mennonite but just to be clear - he's not lol!) He really is a great guy and some of you guys got a chance to get to know him last week and that's really special to me. He really liked you all! So thanks for making him feel so invited and really took an interest to get to know him. So it's going to be hard but thankfully we've learned to communicate very well as that's what our year (oh yeah, key information - he's going for a year for teachers college) is going to be all about. Thankfully, technology is amazing - so skype, email, some phone calls (expensive!) and good old fashion letters will make this year a real growing experience for us both I believe. For those who need more of a visual (there's been some pictures that Mike has been in but here's a few more just so you can put a face to name!) I'd really appreciate yours prayers as our God can do more than I can even think and imagine - how exciting! Love you all, Ali

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad for you Ali! I know it's incredibly hard to be without him now, but it will all be worth it in the end. I'll pray for you guys.
    -Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray God holds your heart in this next season. When you give Him room, God always hooks it up.

    Stay near,
    Jon

    ReplyDelete