Thursday, March 4, 2010

Next Winter!

Hey Everybody, Em here! Not sure if people are still checking this, but I have some exciting news that I got today! About a month and a half ago, I applied for a study abroad program and an exchange program for next year. The study abroad program is where I travel with fellow University of Guelph students and live and take classes together. For this, I applied to Paris. The exchange program is where I would simply go to another university and live there on my own! I applied to several schools in Australia for this, first choice being Sydney. Okayyy - so today I got an email saying I'd been accepted to a study abroad program. I was SO excited! So I went into the international programs office, and I had TWO packages waiting there for me.. I had been accepted to Paris and to Sydney! I am beyond thrilled. God really blessed me today! I have to decide where I want to go by March 19. Paris or Sydney.. Paris or Sydney.. I have NO idea! haha Sydney is always what I have wanted to do... ever since living in Australia in 2003 I have been planning my return. Saying no to that somehow seems morally wrong, haha. But on the other hand, Paris is such a unique opportunity! Living in Paris, with other (english speaking!) students? That also seems impossible to reject! Ahh! So pray for this decision! haha and I'm open to ANY advice. Love you all, Em

5 comments:

  1. How exciting Em!!! Paris or Sydney? Goodness what an amazing opportunity!! First of all, as far as advice, you can not go wrong. Either locations will be life changing and a season in life you will always look back on with such wonderful memories. Personally, I haven't been to either locations and it just so happens those would be my top two places I want to experience. However, if I were you and I had to chose between Paris or Sydney, I think I would lean toward Paris. It is somewhere you have never been. You would experience a completely different culture, different lifestyle, different language, and just a different way of life. A lifestyle like you have NEVER experienced. How amazing to have been given an opportunity to have lived in Australia and now to be blessed with this opportunity. God is good! Either choice you make I think we should all travel to the opposite place as a family! Ha!! Love you girlie! We are sooooo proud of you!! Keep us posted!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Em! That's awesome news! I think I kinda agree with Cherie. Paris is a place that you have never experienced, it will totally be a new culture, new language and new way of life just like Cherie said. Going to Sydney would be all those things too but it's a place that you have been to before. I would want to experience as much of this world as I can so I think that I would choose a different place, ie. Paris. But you have to make the decision for yourself and you need to be happy with the decision and be comfortable with it. I'll be sending thoughts and prayers your way as you try to make this decision. Love you loads!
    Jessalyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys!
    I love getting your feedback and just LOVE hearing from all of you!
    I'm also leaning towards Paris... however I just don't know how I'd say no to Australia! haha but I'll have to say no to one of them!
    Thanks guys,
    em

    ReplyDelete
  4. bah!!!!! that is ridiculously exciting em. i have to third the prior advice. either choice would result in a wonderful year no doubt, but why not collect all the different experiences you can out of this life?
    good job em! so exciting.
    joyceeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know Em, the part that I don't get about this whole thing is why you didn't apply to Fresno State. It is a great campus! Real pretty! And choosing between Paris, Sydney, and Fresno would have been a no brainer. I bet there is still time to make the change. You just let me know if I need to pull some strings for you. Have fun in making your choice, but remember they speak French in Paris. Just trying to help you out.

    ReplyDelete