Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hey Family!

Thanks Jessalyn for posting! I've thought the same for myself..I'd love to post something too but there's not much to tell! I am busy with school at the moment. There's only 3 more weeks of classes left and then finals start already! So 5 courses plus choir is keeping me pretty busy! We had a concert last weekend! Too bad you guys aren't close enough that you could come! I love choirs so it's fun to continue this in university. This is my 3rd year involved with the choir. For those who don't know, I'm studying kinesiology at school. Both Jem and Josh studied this too in school ... family business guys? What do you think?
The big excitement that is coming up is not only Christmas but where I'll be this Christmas! As a lot of you know, Mike, my boyfriend, is in Auckland, New Zealand right now and has been since January (when I last saw some of you!) for teachers college. So, guess where I'll be going in December?! I leave on the 23rd and arrive on Christmas day actually ... I'll be spending Christmas Eve on a plane, crossing many timezones! I can't wait! We're going to be hiking in the south island on the Kepler Track which is supposed to be absolutely stunning (I recently bought I really nice pair of hiking boots!), we'll be in Queenstown for New Years and we're also going to Great Barrier Island off of the coast of Auckland in the north island. And of course, we'll be exploring Auckland a bit seeing all of his favourite places. So I'll be there a total of 2 weeks! I will be sure to post some pictures and give you all a report in January! Mike will be back for good (yay!) at the end of January! Next step: finding a teaching job!
So I think Jessalyn has started something great: even if you think your life has nothing new to report, there's always something that we could learn I am sure of it! Whatever the little or big things may be, please share! Anything and everything! And plus it's just great hearing from you!
Oh and I really wanted to add a picture just because so here's one nearly 2 years ago of some of us cousins! Oh how I love you all! And miss you greatly!
xo Alison

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree Ali! I've been away from the blog for a while and am so happy to see that everyone is starting to post random things about their lives. Babies and weddings are great but we care about the everyday stuff too. Keep it up!

    -Sheri

    ReplyDelete