Monday, February 23, 2009

Exciting news!!

Hey everyone, Hope all is well for everyone. I like the idea of Mexico...I've never been and would love to hang out on the beach. Yay!! Anyway, I thought I'd share my excitement with all of you and tell you that Ty and I are finally engaged! Some of you hopefully remember Ty from our family reunion up in Whistler....well he wasn't actually in Whistler but he came over to our house to hang out when we got back. Anyone who hasn't met him, I would love you to meet him soon. We're thinking about getting married labour day weekend (September 5th or 6th), possibly on Vancouver Island. I would love you all to come. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know. Love Jemina

8 comments:

  1. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Yayyy! That's so exciting. How'd he ask?
    I'm so happy for you!
    -em

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! How wonderful! This is such a sweet time for you - enjoy every single moment of it!! And I too want to hear how he proposed!!! Congratulations!!!
    Love,
    Jon, Andrea and Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. JEMINA!!!!! VERY EXCITING! huge congrats - please pass them on to Tyler for us too.
    joyce & pete

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jemina! That is SUCH exciting news! Congratulations!! We all want to hear how he proposed!
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!!

    Well I was quite impressed with his proposal. We had gone up to Big White to snowboard and it just happened to be the most beautiful day. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was spring skiing conditions. He took me up the chair that reached the peak which happened to be called the Gem Lake Express (or the Jem chair as he referred to it). So we were already at the peak but he insisted that we take off our boards and hike even higher so we could hit up some fresh snow. So grudgingly I climbed up the steep hill... straight up, I might add..in deep snow. But when we got to the top it was just the two of us on top of the world with nothing but mountains as far as the eye could see. It was absolutely majestic!! It was then that he proposed. And of course, in such a great moment....my camera decides that it has taken its last picture and breaks. I must say though that other than the camera, it was pretty darn awesome.

    Jem

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a beautiful memory you have. Have a blast planning your wedding!
    Love, Jon, Andrea and Christopher
    (Sept. 7 is our anniversary and we will need a vacation and Vancouver sounds great!) =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yahoo!!! I'm so happy for you! Labour day weekend...I'd love to make that happen! We shall see! Love you and congrats Jem :)

    ReplyDelete